- Executive Office
- Angelo MazzoneOwner
- (518) 374-7262
After an extensive search across three counties, Glen Sanders Mansion was chosen to be the sight of Angelo's next venture. In 1988, he purchased the Mansion and added 12,000 square feet to the original house including a restaurant and two ballrooms. With a desire to serve the business community better, a 22 room Inn was added in 1995. This completed the property as one of the most unique in the area. Starting in 1996, Mansion Catering became the exclusive caterer at the Hall of Springs banquet facility located on the grounds of the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. With a busy year-round event calendar, the Hall of Springs also offers a seasonal restaurant during the classical performance series at the theater. In Spring 2005, Angelo's 677 Prime opened in downtown Albany's theater district becoming the leading restaurant in the Capital District. This upscale steakhouse and wine bar has a popular Wine Society, as well as showcases some of the area's leading artists. 2007 was a busy year for Angelo and Mazzone Hospitality. As part of another redevelopment of Downtown Schenectady, Angelo returned to his original Peggy's location for the creation of a first class bistro and wine bar, Aperitivo Bistro. In June of 2007 Angelo took over the food service at Saratoga National Golf Club, and opened Prime at Saratoga National - an upscale steakhouse based on the style of Angelo's 677 Prime; and broke ground on a large Grand Ballroom on the second floor of the Golf Club which opened in May 2008. The catering arm continued to grow with the inclusion of the Fasig-Tipton "Man o' War" dining offerings. This includes serving lunch and bar fare during the horse sales in Saratoga Springs, as well as social events utilizing the grand space. Almost 20 years to the day of opening Glen Sanders Mansion, Angelo and his team not only completed a one million dollar makeover to the ballroom and hotel lobby, but also completely renovated the restaurant to become Angelo's Tavolo, featuring modern Italian cuisine that is like no other restaurant in the area. Also in 2009, Angelo created another division with PRIME Business Dining which includes cafeteria-style dining at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, the Golub Corporation headquarters, and The SI Group, to its mix in 2011. In February 2011, Mazzone Hospitality signed a contract with Proctors to become the exclusive caterer at their new venture Key Hall at Proctors - a refurbished bank right next door to Proctors. Continuing to grow in 2011, Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill opened along with becoming the exclusive caterer inside the Hilton Garden Inn in Clifton Park. Mazzone Hospitality, nurtured by Angelo Mazzone, has proven it can make dreams come true, not only for our thousands of guests, but for Angelo and his staff as well. Together they provide the area with unsurpassed events, quality catering, exceptional fine dining restaurants and a company founded on the philosophy of customer service.
- Matt MazzoneChief Financial Officer
- 518) 374-7262 x180
After nearly a decade of investment management experience, Matt is able to incorporate his financial background along with his passion for the hospitality industry. Growing up in the restaurant business, Matt understands the demands and intricacies of each department. His knowledge has motivated each member of the team to continue their focus on customer service, while maintaining financial responsibility. Matt graduated Cum Laude from Siena College, and graduated with honors from SUNY Albany earning his Executive MBA degree. He is involved in the community through service organizations such as Board of Directors of the Schenectady Museum, Treasure of the Clifton Park, IDA, Board Member of Albany Entrepreneurs Organization, and Albany Medical Center Annual Gifts Committee.
Matt was recently named Business Review's 2012 CFO of the Year.
- Mark DelosChief Operating Officer - Culinary
- (518) 583-3003
Mark has been working side-by-side with Angelo Mazzone for nearly 20 years. Starting as Banquet Manager at Glen Sanders Mansion in 1989, Mark was well-known for his dedication to customer service and creative flair. In 1993 Mark was promoted to Executive Vice-President of Operations and General Manager at the magnificent Hall of Springs handling the unforgettable events in the ballroom, the busy seasonal restaurant as well as the concessions for all events at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Mark has a Hotel Management degree from Schenectady County Community College's Hotel Management, a Culinary Arts degree from the Culinary Institute of America, and serves on the Culinary Board at Schenectady County Community College.
- Sean WillcoxonChief Operating Officer - Hospitality
- Sean started in hospitality at the young age of 13; and during his high school career won several awards from Johnson & Wales University in the full service restaurant category through DECA. At the age of 15, Sean started working for Mazzone Hospitality and has since worked almost every position. He is currently the General Manager at Saratoga National Golf Club with a seat on the company executive committee. A 2002 alumnus of Johnson & Wales University, Sean graduated with a two-year degree in Culinary Arts and a four-year degree in Food Service Management; and in 2004 graduated from the Schenectady Leadership Program. Sean's unique ability to create and train operational teams and solve the hardest of logistical problems has been a huge asset to Mazzone Hospitality. Working his way up in the company has given him the prospective to manage and train each level in the hospitality industry.
- Jaime OrtizCorporate Executive Chef
- 518-427-7463Jaime Ortiz has a culinary flair that is the result of many influences. He has been classically trained in French cuisine and has a special knack for Asian and Mediterranean fare. Born and raised in Manhattan, he was submerged in a variety of foods and cultures from early on in his life. At a young age, he began working in some of New York City’s Latin restaurants which planted the seeds of inspiration that would one day become his passion. He has been awarded numerous scholarships, Junior Chef of the Year by the American Culinary Federation, and a myriad of silver and gold competition medals. His work experience is equally as impressive. Chef Ortiz was guided by top local area chefs including Daniel Smith a protégé of Chef Eugene Barnard (a successor of Escoffier’s teachings); he has worked side by side with the best and has done stints at top restaurants in New York City and Chicago including Aquavit and Daniel to name a few. The focus of his cuisine is to put a spin on comforting daily favorites while using the freshest seasonal ingredients; all the while pushing the boundaries of flavor combinations and culinary rules. Critics have called his approach to food “passionately playful”. His ability to see both the big picture and the fine details make him a strong and revered leader. He has been with Mazzone Hospitality for 14 years, and has led the culinary team in the conception and execution of all restaurant and event projects. Chef Ortiz has achieved countless culinary awards and recognition, both individually and as an inspiring team member. Chef Ortiz is an American Culinary Federation Certified Executive Chef, and is an adjunct instructor at Schenectady County Community College, his alma mater. Chef Ortiz’s dedication to delicious, beautiful food, his appreciation for cultural diversity, his constant quest for knowledge, and his dedicated experience make him a valuable and admired leader and innovator.
- Susan BakerVice President of Sales & Marketing
- (518) 688-2126With over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Susan is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of company sales and marketing functions. Along with providing event-planning expertise for each of the Mazzone properties. Susan's team provides business development to uncover on and off-premises, corporate dining, and a la carte dining opportunities. She received an Associates degree from Fashion Institute of Technology, her Bachelors from Nyack College and her MPA from Marist. Prior to a brief departure from the company, Susan was Director of Sales helping to grow the business into a multi-million dollar capital district hospitality icon. In addition, she managed event planning for Saratoga National Golf Club, Hall of Springs and Mansion Catering. Prior to returning to the Mazzone Management Group Susan enjoyed working with the Wanderlust, travel and destination marketing team as Director of Business Development. Applying an entrepreneurial spirit and creative 'out of the box' thinking style, developed while working with the Mazzone team, Susan transferred her ability to build relationships, manage countless details and multi-task to the travel oriented advertising and marketing firm.
- Sheila BurkeVice President of Restaurants
- Following in her family's footsteps, Sheila has been in the restaurant and hospitality business since her youth. Prior to becoming the Wine Director for Mazzone Hospitality, Sheila worked as manager of the popular Shipyard Restaurant in Albany for over 14 years. Her formal education and wine certifications are truly commendable. Along with her Master Degrees in Philosophy and Education, Sheila is a Certified Sommelier with the Wine Society of America and the Court of Master Sommeliers, has achieved the advanced level certificate with the WSET wine training, and is currently pursuing the diploma level. She will also be taking the certification exam for the Society of Wine Educators in April 2011. Sheila began her work with the company during the summer seasons at The Lodge Restaurant in Saratoga, and continued on a full-time basis in 2005 for the opening of Angelo's 677 Prime. Since then, she has taken over the wine management in each of our locations.
- Amanda PiccoloVice President, PRIME Business Dining
Having grown up in the hospitality business spending endless hours in her family's restaurants and catering company Amanda fine-tuned her management and customer service skills. A ten plus year career in corporate America including being part of the Olympic games allowed her to broaden her business knowledge and experience new approaches to hospitality. Amanda joined the Mazzone family in 2009 and was tasked with overseeing the growth of the newest division, business dining. PRIME Business Dining continues to grow yearly as we set out to redefine the "Lunchboxes" of this areas corporate market. Amanda is aslo a graduate of Siena College. Although she takes great pride in her role of Vice President of Mazzone Hospitality, the title she cherishes the most is that of Auntie to Ben, Grace and Cecelia.
- Kevin SykesExecutive Event Planner
- After studying at Schenectady Community College's Hospitality Department, Kevin joined Albany Country Club as Maitre d'. He moved on to become a waiter at Ogden's Restaurant but had bigger plans in sight. Kevin assisted in the opening of Unique Catering and ran every facet of the operation for five years. It was in 1991 that Kevin joined our company, and has played a dynamic role ever since. He began in Customer Service at Glen Sanders Mansion before becoming Banquet Manager, a position he held until 1995. Today Kevin plans a multitude of events at the Hall of Springs as well as events throughout the Capital Region with Mansion Catering. Kevin's vast knowledge and impeccable taste makes his clients feel at ease that their event will be better than even they had imagined.
- Jennifer GroganDirector of Hospitality Training
- BIO Coming Soon!
- Angelo Mazzone
- Angelo's 677 Prime
- Jacqueline OrbeRestaurant Manager, Angelo's 677 Prime
- (518) 427-7463Bio Coming Soon.
- Ken KehnExecutive Chef, Angelo's 677 Prime
- (518) 427-7463After realizing that engineering was not for him, Chef Kehn remembered what always made him happy - his passion for food. Growing up with a large family and always having grand dinners he remembered the love and fuss people made over food. Chef Kehn graduated from Paul Smith College in 2005 with a bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts and Service Management and an Associate degree in Culinary Arts. He worked in various restaurants including the Pelican Bay Resort in Naples Florida and The Whiteface Club in Lake Placid. Chef Kehn joined Angelo's 677 Prime during it's opening in 2005 and was name Executive Sous Chef in 2006. He has also worked with the company as Sous Chef at Saratoga National Golf Club and the Patron's Club at the Hall of Springs. He has been awarded an array of culinary titles, gold and silver medals throughout his career. Chef Kehn enjoys taking a classic dish and putting a modern spin on it, saying "I love to see someone brighten up or really enjoy themselves while eating something that I have made. It gives me intense satisfaction."
- Mary Birbilis-BroughEvent Sales Director, Angelo's 677 Prime
- 518-427-7463Since the start of her career with Mazzone Hospitality in 1996 as Banquet Manager of the Hall of Springs, Mary has become a driving force for all of our restaurants. Spending her summers managing the Patron's Club Restaurant at the Hall of Springs, then The Lodge in Saratoga, Mary’s vast restaurant knowledge made her an essential part of the organization. As Restaurant Manager at Glen Sanders Mansion, Mary raised the bar for all fine-dining restaurants in the area. This expertise, along with her passion for excellence and first-rate management skills, gave her the know-how to become General Manager of Angelo’s 677 Prime, one of our most successful restaurants to date. Mary now cordinates all corporate and social events at Angelo's 677 Prime as the Event Sales Director.
- Jacqueline Orbe
- Angelo's Prime Bar + Grill
- Suzann CarltonGeneral Manager, Angelo's Prime Bar + Grill
- (518) 631-6500Suzann joined our company in 1992 and ever since has considered Angelo to be like a father to her throughout her various works with Mazzone Hospitality. She started as a banquet server before moving up to Captain and later Banquet Manager. She then held positions at Glen Sanders Mansion in both Corporate Sales, as a server in the restaurant and as Assistant Restaurant Manager. Suzann moved on to work as Angelo's Executive Assistant until the opening of Aperitivo Bistro, where she surely had an impact on the restaurant's success! Suzann then opened Angelo's Tavolo in the Glen Sanders Mansion and has recently moved to Angelo's Prime Bar + Grill in Clifton Park to open yet another successful Mazzone restaurant!
- Alissa BuhrmasterEvent Planner, Hilton Garden Inn Clifton Park
- 518-631-6502Alissa graduated from Syracuse University's Newhouse School of Public Communications in 2001 and held various event planning and coordination positions at inVentiv Heath before joining the Mazzone Team in 2012.
"I love working with people and seeing their events come to fruition. The end product gives me such great pride and satisfaction, and there is nothing better than a happy client!" A fun fact about Alissa, she was a Mazzone bride married at the Hall of Springs in 2005!
- Suzann Carlton
- Angelo's Tavolo
- Suzy WenskoskiRestaurant Manager, Angelo's Tavolo
- (518) 688-2137Suzy has graduated from Fulton- Montgomery Community College with an associated degree in business administration. Suzy has worked in other establishments such as White Holland House and the Crystal Ristorante. Suzy joined Mazzone Hospitality in March of 2008 as a server in Angelo's Tavolo. Suzy has earned the position of restaurant manager.
- Frank TardioExecutive Chef, Angelo's Tavolo
- (518) 374-7262Chef Tardio's passion for cooking began at a young age. Working in the restaurant industry to make ends meet while pursuing a career in music, he found a way to bring his artistic style to his cuisine. After working as Sous Chef at the highly-acclaimed Starr's Restaurant in Albany, Chef Tardio has been with the company for over 11 years. He is the proud recipient of many awards, and also led the Glen Sanders Mansion team of chefs to victory at two Culinary Cornucopia competitions, placing in all 7 categories winning 5 gold medals and 2 silver including the overall "Grand Award." Chef Tardio's creativity and innovative menus are well known in the summer months where he can be found at the Patron's Club Restaurant in the Hall of Springs, and for the remainder of the year Chef Tardio brings his style and sophistication to Angelo's Tavolo - the Restaurant at Glen Sanders Mansion. His imaginative cuisine makes him one of our most sought after chefs.
- Suzy Wenskoski
- Aperitivo Bistro
- Peter BlackmanManaging Partner, Aperitivo Bistro
- (518) 579-3371Peter's Bio Coming Soon.
- Courtney WitheyExecutive Chef, Aperitivo Bistro
- (518) 579-3371Starting off with an English and Human Development Degree from Boston College, Chef Courtney didn't know her true love for food until she studied abroad in Greece. It was there she realized her true passion for the culinary arts. After graduating from Boston College, she attended Johnson & Wales University in Denver Colorado to receive her Culinary Arts Degree. Chef Courtney did her externship in Hawaii as a chef at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Restaurant. After returning to the Northeast, she worked in restaurants throughout New Hampshire and Maine. Chef Courtney came back to her home town of Alplaus, NY and joined us at Aperitivo Bistro in the fall of 2008. She started out as Executive Sous Chef and recently received the honor of Executive Chef. Chef Courtney is also a Culinary Arts Adjunct Professor at Schenectady County Community College.
- Peter Blackman
- Glen Sanders Mansion
- Amanda AylwardEvent Manager
- 518-631-6502BIO Coming Soon!
- Frank DeLucaGeneral Manager
- 518-374-7262 x 2132BIO Coming Soon!
- Will BrownExecutive Chef, Glen Sanders Mansion
- (518) 374-7262 x2117
Chef Will started with Mazzone Hospitality in 2005 as a Banquet Chef at the Hall of Springs and moved to Glen Sanders Mansion in 2008 as Executive Sous Chef. His creativity and commitment to quality earned him the spot as Executive Banquet Chef where he consistently exceeds guest expectations for all events held at Glen Sanders Mansion. Chef Will graduated from the Culinary Program at Schenectady County Community College where he is now an Adjunct Professor teaching Quantitative Foods. He has participated in the Culinary Cornucopia team along with Glen Sanders Mansion winning Gold and Silver medals. Chef Will credits his grandmother for his passion of cooking and for giving him a diverse edge in the kitchen.
- Maria DeMartinoEvent Planner - Weddings, Glen Sanders Mansion
- (518) 688-2122Maria brings over 20 years of experience to Glen Sanders Mansion. After attending SUNY Plattsburgh, Maria moved on to work at the Boca Raton Hotel and Club and later became Beverage Manager at the Intercontinental Hotel and Club in Miami, Florida. Maria joined Angelo Mazzone in opening the Manhattan Exchange Restaurant, where she took on the position of Restaurant Manager. She has been with the Glen Sanders Mansion for 17 years now, where her role as wedding event planner has helped make Glen Sanders Mansion known for its exquisite ceremonies and receptions. Her warm personality ensures that all of her brides are comfortable with the wedding planning process and she truly loves keeping the brides in touch with what's really important to them on their special day. The comfortable and personal setting she creates for her clients as well as her "call me anytime" policy have led to many life-long relationships, usually moving on to plan baby showers and family events!
- Laura BonesteelCorporate Event Planner, Glen Sanders Mansion
Corporate Event Planner, Key Hall at Proctors
- (518) 688-2123
As a graduate of Schenectady County Community Colleges Hotel and Restaurant Management Program as well as their Walt Disney World internship, Laura began working in many of Albany's hotels, including the Desmond, Albany Marriott, Best Western and Saratoga Polo. Working through the ranks, she gained valuable experience holding positions from Restaurant and Banquet Manager to Director of Sales, Food & Beverage Director, and Hotel General Manager. Laura joined Mazzone Management Group as Banquet Manager of Saratoga National Golf Club in 2009. Later that year, Laura joined the team at Glen Sanders Mansion overseeing the Corporate Sales division. Her enthusiasm for sales as well as her energetic personality make for a seamless planning process, start to finish. Recently, Laura has also taken on the responsibility of Event Planner at the new Key Hall at Proctors and Proctors Theatre.
- Amanda Aylward
- Hall of Springs
- Kevin SykesExecutive Event Planner, Hall of Springs & Mansion Catering
- (518) 583-3003
- Andy HurdExecutive Chef, Hall of Springs
- (518) 583-3003Chef Andy graduated from Schenectady Community College with a degree in Culinary Arts. Chef Andy has worked in various hotels including Interstate Hotels in Pittsburg, Springfield Sheridan, Providence Marriot, as well as the prestigious Robbins Wolfe Catering in New York City. Soon after Chef Andy returned to Scotia to open his own restaurant. In 2006 he joined Glen Sanders Mansion as the executive sous chef. He is now entering his third summer at the Hall of Springs as executive chef.
- Marianne BumgardnerEvent Manager, Hall of Springs
- BIO Coming Soon!
- Lindsey RuoffOperations Manager, Hall of Springs
- BIO Coming Soon!
- Kevin Sykes
- Key Hall at Proctors
- Emily L. MillerEvent Planner, Key Hall at Proctors
- (518) 881-4501
Emily joined the Mazzone Hospitality team in 2009 as an intern at the Hall of Springs. Since then she has worked as the Administrative Assistant at the Hall of Springs and currently is the Social Sales Coordinator at Key Hall at Proctors. In addition to that, she is the author of the Aisle Files Blog. Emily graduated from Schenectady County Community College in 2010 with an Associate’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management. While at SCCC, she took advantage of numerous internships including one where she had the opportunity to manage two suites on the finish line of the Kentucky Derby. In 2012, Emily graduated from SUNY Delhi with a Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management, Travel and Tourism Concentration. Emily loves giving back to the community by serving on the Foundation Board of Schenectady County Community College. Also, she is a fan of everything social media- you can often find her taking advantage of the newest sites such as Pinterest, Foursquare, and Flickr with her iPad as an innovative way to grow business.
- Emily L. Miller
- Mazzone Catering
- Connie SlocumEvent Planner, Mazzone Catering
- (518) 688-2125Connie joined Mazzone Hospitality in 2011 after spending more than 13 years at the Desmond Hotel and Conference Center in Albany, where she served as the Director of Event Management and oversaw a staff of five while working on all phases of selling and managing events at the 21,000 square foot facility. She is a graduate of Averill Park High School and holds numerous accreditations and affiliations including the Empire State Society of Association Executives, Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the NYS Hospitality and Tourism Association.
- Vito GaudinoCatering Manager
- 518-374-7262BIO Coming Soon!
- Connie Slocum
- Prime Business Dining
- Amanda PiccoloVice President, PRIME Business Dining
Having grown up in the hospitality business spending endless hours in her family's restaurants and catering company, Amanda fine-tuned her management and customer service skills. A ten plus year career in corporate America, including being part of the Olympic games, allowed her to broaden her business knowledge and experience new approaches to hospitality. Amanda joined the Mazzone family in 2009, and was tasked with overseeing the growth of the newest division, business dining. PRIME Business Dining continues to grow yearly as we set out to redefine the "lunchboxes" of this area's corporate market. Amanda is also a graduate of Siena College. Although she takes great pride in her role of Vice President of Mazzone Hospitality, the title she cherishes the most is that of Auntie to Ben, Grace and Cecelia.
- Amanda Piccolo
- Saratoga National Golf Club
- Jason SaundersGeneral Manager, Saratoga National Golf Club
- (518) 306-2303Being in and around kitchens since the age of 5, Jason started his career at 16 with his first job as a cook at the Saratoga Race Track. Having worked at several Capital Region restaurants, Jason honed his skills by learning from chef mentors, and as a graduate of Schenectady County Community College's critically acclaimed Culinary Program. After working at the Glen Sanders Mansion restaurant, he went on to spend the next four years traveling and working as a chef in Vermont, Oregon and Ireland. Upon his return to the Capital Region, he became Sous Chef for the Mazzone Management Group at a popular summer destination, The Lodge, in Saratoga. After proving his skills at the seasonal restaurant, he stayed on with Mazzone as the Chef de Cuisine of Angelo's 677 Prime in Albany for it's opening in 2005. He went on to be the Banquet Chef at Saratoga National Golf Club, and today is the Executive Chef of Saratoga National Golf Club. Under his leadership, the club's restaurant, Prime at Saratoga National, as well as the weddings and social events have seen unprecedented success in both sales and critical acclaim. Chef Saunders is responsible for a staff of up to 50 employees over the summer season. His food is simplistic and delicious, with influences from his Irish and Italian heritage. He uses fresh and local ingredients to create enlightened dishes where the ingredients speak for themselves.
- Lauren HolmesDirector of Sales and Corporate Events, Saratoga National Golf Club
- (518) 306-2351
Lauren joined the Mazzone Management team in 1996 when Angelo took over the Food & Beverage Operations at the Hall of Springs. While completing her Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education at the College of St. Rose, she quickly moved up the ranks as Banquet Waitstaff, Banquet Captain, to Banquet Manager of the Hall of Springs & Off-Premise Events.In 2002 Lauren helped create & implement a training program for all Mazzone Management properties & staff, as the Director of Training & Hiring. She eventually moved into sales at the Desmond Hotel in Albany and the Saratoga Hilton where she specialized in both Weddings & Corporate Events. In August 2008, Lauren returned to Mazzone Management as Corporate Event Planner at Saratoga National Golf Club. A native of Saratoga Springs, it was a perfect fit to return to her roots.
- Traci MontaninoEvent Planner - Weddings, Saratoga National Golf Club
- (518) 306-2333Traci got her start at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City studying Fashion Design, Buying & Merchandising. She then worked as a Menswear Designer and Merchandiser for Donna Karan Collection, Valentino and Joseph Abboud. Upon moving to the Capital District in early 2001, she became an Event Planner for Birch Hill Catering & Events and later took a position as Director of Catering at Unique Catering out of Albany's Milano and Provence restaurants. Joining our company at the beginning of 2008, Traci's experience and attention to detail is sure to assist clients in planning exemplary events.
- Matt Campion Restaurant Manager, Prime at Saratoga National
- (518) 306-2319BIO Coming Soon!
- Danielle RobinsonEvent Manager, Saratoga National Golf Club
- BIO Coming Soon!
- Vivian BrammerPastry Chef
- 518-306-2345BIO Coming Soon!
- Jason Saunders